Posen hotels and apartments – new restrictions
From December 28 to January 17 hotels operate in a limited manner and may only offer accommodation to:
● uniformed services,
● medical professionals,
● patients and their carers if they must be accommodated due to the conditions of providing certain medical services,
● sportspeople participating in training camps and sports competitions,
● train crew,
● professional drivers of road transport, candidates and other people involved in organizing and conducting a vocational examination,
● legal representatives for the purpose of litigation, attorneys, parties to criminal, civil and administrative court proceedings, their statutory representatives, witnesses, experts, and court interpreters; on the day of the court session or review of the case files and the preceding day,
● members of diplomatic missions, consular posts, and representatives of international organizations and their family members, as well as other persons with a diplomatic passport in connection with the performance of their official functions.
What about business travelers?
The previous restrictions were not as strict as the new ones. Last month, we could host business travelers who visited us during their business trips. On December 28, the national quarantine in Poland begins, which means that hotels cannot be available for business travelers up to January 17 (or longer). The decision has been made due to breaking the pandemic rules by some travelers who used a business trip as an excuse for a private stay at a hotel. The aim of closing hotels for business travelers and other guests is to avoid the third wave of the virus. The January 17 as the provided end of the national quarantine is not an accidental date. Between 4 and 17 January, students from all over Poland will be enjoying their winter holidays. The restrictions have been imposed to prevent travelling around the country and spreading the virus. According to the Minister of Health, the national quarantine end date is still likely to change.
Please stay at home as much as possible so that we can meet soon in safe conditions for all. We are looking forward to seeing you in Poznań in 2021!